The Balance Sheet is one of the big three financial statements, which every entrepreneur should understand. In this Deep Dive, Food Finance Institute Farm Outreach Specialist, Andy Larson walks you through what a balance sheet is, how to use it, and how it is different for farms versus non-farm businesses. Access to templates is also included with the course.
Main Topics Covered Include:
- What the Balance Sheet is in a Nutshell
- What are the three big financial statements?
- Essential terminology
- Why do you need a balance sheet?
- Reviewing the balance sheet in detail, using examples
- Considerations for success
- How a farm balance sheet differs from a non-farm enterprise