FFI MVP Series Workshop: Sources & Uses of Capital
August 10 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
In this workshop you will learn how to develop your financial, sources & uses of capital and financing strategy.
- Developing your financial package and sources & uses of capital – Presented by Tera Johnson, Food Finance Institute
- Building a scalable working relationship with your bank/credit union – Presented by Dana Hoffmann – Summit Credit Union
- Finding and working with the right investment partner – Speaker TBD
- 9:00 – 9:30 AM – Check-in and Networking
- 9:30 – 9:45 AM – Introductions & MVP Workshop Overview
- 9:45 – 11:00 AM – Module / Session Content Presentations
- 11:00 – 12:00 PM – Examples review, Q&A and wrap-up
About the Presenters
Tera Johnson, Food Finance Institute
Tera Johnson is a serial entrepreneur whose mission is to create the next generation of environmentally and economically resilient food and farming businesses. The founder of teraswhey®, the Food Finance Institute, and the Edible-Alpha® podcast, Tera has personal experience in being an entrepreneur, raising money, launching a national brand and selling a company. Recipient of the UW-Extension Chancellor’s 2017 Wisconsin Idea Award, Tera is a frequent speaker, teacher and financial consultant to sustainable food and farming businesses, communities and economic development organizations, as well as social venture funds and investors.
Dana Hoffmann – Summit Credit Union
Learn a little about Dana Hoffmann’s background – both personal and professional – and it’s easy to see why this VP Sr Business Services is so committed to helping owners start and grow their businesses.
Dana grew up in a family that stressed the importance of community. And after receiving an MBA from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Dana put that community-first philosophy to work as she helped small businesses – especially women-owned small businesses and real estate investors – find financing options that allowed their businesses to thrive. As Dana always says, there’s nothing she likes better than helping small businesses make their dreams a reality, and she’s spent the last 25+ years doing just that.
About This Series
The MVP Series workshops focus on accounting, sales, marketing, and operations to help you scale and grow your business. These are provided through our Fellows Program, which is supported by the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC).