Food Brand Financial Management Boot Camp
October 11 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT
One event on October 12, 2022 at 9:00 am
One event on November 8, 2022 at 9:00 am
One event on November 9, 2022 at 9:00 am
Dates & Times of Training
- Part 1: Oct 11-12 2022, 9am to 5pm CST
- Part 2: Nov 8-9 2022, 9am to 5pm CST
Why Should I Go to Boot Camp?
Unprecedented change in the food industry is rapidly raising the bar for all food brands. Old or young, big or small, food brands across the United States are scrambling to become more financially resilient and capable of adapting quickly.
Financial Management Boot Camp combines training, one-on-one consulting, and networking, taking food entrepreneurs like you out of your day-to-day environment and giving you the tools you need to build a more resilient business.
Boot Camp is right for you if:
- Your food business is profitable and you want to take its performance to the next level.
- Your food business’ market position and profitability are eroding and you need to adapt.
- Your food business is young, hasn’t reached profitability and that needs to change.
- Your food business needs to raise money and you need to get prepared to be successful.
Supercharge Your Food Business’ Path to Financial Success
- Boot Camp arms you with everything you need to profitably grow your Hub and raise money, including:
- A realistic and clear business model path that you can articulate to anyone who asks
- Financial systems and reports that will stand up to scrutiny by banks and investors
- A credible business plan with realistic assumptions about future growth
- A digital financial package to share with your stakeholders and support your fundraising
- Time is money, which is why Boot Camp is quick and intense
You have so many things going on in your food business. Distractions are everywhere. You know you need to focus on the more strategic and detailed financial sides of your food business, but it is difficult to carve out the time. We help you focus on only the most important things in your food business, identify the most pressing issues you need to address and help you work through them with individual consulting and coaching.
- And the best part: you show up with your financial statements and we take it from there. No other pre-prep is needed.
About the Instructor: As Food Brand Expert in Residence, Peter Robertson brings his wealth of knowledge being a food entrepreneur to Food Brand Boot Camp. In 1995, Peter opened RP’s Pasta Company and later developed the best fresh gluten-free pasta for a friend that was diagnosed with celiac disease. He grew the business from $1 million to $5 million in just 5 years. The fresh gluten-free pasta was so successful, it was rebranded Taste Republic Gluten Free, and led to the sale of the company to become Tribe 9 Foods. From there he pushed the sales north of $15 million. RP’s fresh traditional pasta and Taste Republic Gluten Free fresh pasta is distributed to hundreds of restaurants and grocery stores throughout the United States. Today Peter continues to make fresh pasta at home and often consults with emerging food brands.
What Can I Expect from Boot Camp?
Four intense, focused days to learn and work on your business
- Day 1 – Optimizing Your Business Model: It’s a business model not a product that determines whether your company makes money. We help you clarify your business model and set you on a realistic path to meet your goals.
- Day 2 – Fixing Your Financial Infrastructure: Your financial statements help you and your stakeholders fully understand your business. We help you understand your statements and fix financial systems problems.
- Day 3 – Developing Your Financial Plan: You are moving forward, so you need to look forward. We help you develop realistic assumptions for forecasts of sales, marketing and operations and the capital structure you need to get there.
- Day 4 – Getting Ready to Raise Money: You will need to raise money to grow your food business. We help you learn how to do a great pitch and properly document your business so you can successfully raise money.