- This event has passed.
MVP Series Workshop: Key Legal Considerations and Managing Your Business Risk
May 25 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
This workshop is part of the MVP Series workshops, specifically the Operations and Organizational Planning series.
Learn why risk (and risk management) is important to business growth. Businesses without risk are not businesses they are non-profits. In order for businesses to achieve above-average returns requires wisely taking on business risk.
Key Topics to be Covered
- Getting your legal house to safely grow your business
- Raising Capital
- Legal Operating & Shareholder Agreements
- Key Employees and Advisors
- IP & Risk Management
- Developing risk management programs to support your business growth plans
- Risk Identification
- Vulnerability Evaluation
- Impact Analysis
- Planning – Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, and Insurance
- Kate Westfall – Reinhart Law
- Mike Schlagenhaufer – Acuity
- 9:00 – 9:30 AM – Check-in and Networking
- 9:30 – 9:45 AM – Introductions & MVP Workshop Overview
- 9:45 – 11:30 AM – Session Content Presentations
- Getting your legal house to safely grow your business – presented by Kate Westfall – Reinhart Law
- Developing risk management programs to support your business growth plans – presented by Mike Schlagenhaufer – Acuity
- 11:30 – 12:00 PM – Examples review, Q&A, and wrap-up
The MVP workshop series are key pieces of training associated with our Fellows Program which is supported by Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC).