October 18 - October 22$500
Our Raising Equity Immersion Training will prepare you to deliver a great pitch and properly document your business, so you can successfully raise money.
Your instructor, Bartlett Durand, uses his expertise to prepare you to raise money, both debt and equity, legally and effectively. As a result of this course you will be able to:
- Make your business model investment-worthy,
- Start assembling your financial request package,
- Develop a game plan for successfully raising both debt and equity and,
- Prepare and test that game plan through a business pitch.
Agenda with Daily Focuses (all Central Time):
- Monday, October 18th: noon to 4pm
- Group Sharing: Introductions
- Content: Investible Businesses, Capitalization, Lean Business Model Canvas
- Homework: Lean Business Model Canvas
- Tuesday, October 19th: 10am to 5pm
- Group Sharing: Share Lean Business Model Canvas (10am to 11:30am)
- Content: Market Research Data, Financial Fundamentals (Noon to 2pm)
- Work Session: 20-minute Check-Ins with Instructor (2pm to 5pm)
- Wednesday, October 20th: 10am to Noon
- Content: Dimensions of Raising Equity, Introduction to Pitch Deck
- Work Session/Homework: Complete Pitch Deck
- Thursday, October 21st: 2pm to 4:30pm
- Pitches and Closing
- Friday, October 22nd: 30-minute one-on-one calls for each business with FFI Staff
- $500 – Access to the course, all related tools and resources including our proforma template and pitch deck, one-on-one consulting time with the instructor, and networking with other businesses in the room.
This online course will be conducted live on the dates listed below via web conferencing software.
Edible-Alpha® Immersion Trainings are multi-day events limited to ten businesses or less that combine learning, focused work time, individual consulting, and business pitches. They are designed to take you out of the day-to-day operations of your business and encourage focused strategic business development.
About Your Instructor
Raising Equity is hosted by Bartlett Durand, one of FFI’s Experts in Residence. Through his work in the law, Slow Money Wisconsin, Local Choice Marketing, Black Earth Meats, and The Conscious Carnivore, as well as independent consulting for numerous small businesses, Bartlett developed a thorough appreciation for the need for working on an entrepreneur’s business goals as part of a comprehensive strategy incorporating their entire life. Burnout among entrepreneurs is too high, and ensuring a viable financial, operational and emotional pathway towards success is critical for creating a sustainable business.