Raising Equity (June 2023)
June 30 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm CDT
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Friday, repeating until June 30, 2023
Raising Equity is designed to help companies make their business model investible, start assembling their financial package request, and develop a game plan to successfully raise debt and equity.
Raising Equity is right for you if…
- You are planning to grow your business and need guidance and the right business model to successfully do so
- You know you will need to raise money but are unsure which sources are the best fit
- You need to raise money but are unaware of what an investor or bank expects from you
What you get
Your instructor, Tera Johnson, uses her expertise to prepare you to raise money, both debt and equity, legally and effectively. As a result of this course you will be able to:
- Make your business model investment-worthy,
- Start assembling your financial request package,
- Develop a game plan for successfully raising both debt and equity and,
- Prepare and test that game plan through a business pitch.
Logistics and Details
This training is limited to 10 businesses takes place over 4 days and includes one-on-one sessions* with the instructor to be scheduled separately. A ticket includes a seat for 2 people (so you can bring a business partner or other trusted advisor). See the details below:
- June 9 – 10:00am – 12:30pm CST – Business Models (1/2 of attendees to receive a 1 hour consultation in the afternoon, starting at 1pm CST)
- June 16 – 10:00am – 12:30pm CST – Financial Request Package (1/2 of attendees to receive a 1 hour consultation in the afternoon, starting at 1pm CST)
- June 23 – 10:00am – 12:30pm CST – Financial Plan (all attendees to receive a 30 minute consultation in the afternoon, starting at 1pm CST)
- June 30 – 10:00am – 12:30pm CST – Business Pitches (all attendees practice their individual business pitches starting at 2pm CST)
*Additional consulting besides what is listed on the training days can be purchased if desired as part of a course enhancement.
About the Instructor
Tera Johnson, Food Finance Institute
Tera Johnson is a serial entrepreneur whose mission is to create the next generation of environmentally and economically resilient food and farming businesses. The founder of teraswhey®, the Food Finance Institute, and the Edible-Alpha® podcast, Tera has personal experience in being an entrepreneur, raising money, launching a national brand and selling a company. Recipient of the UW-Extension Chancellor’s 2017 Wisconsin Idea Award, Tera is a frequent speaker, teacher and financial consultant to sustainable food and farming businesses, communities and economic development organizations, as well as social venture funds and investors.