A vertically integrated local food brand is a company that reaches financial sustainability in a local market by having retail, wholesale and manufacturing components in the business. This allows the company to capture the margin contribution of more than one level of the value chain.
Examples of vertically integrated local food companies include:
- A micro mill and bakery, restaurant and direct distribution wholesale business.
- A meat cutting facility and butcher shop and direct distribution wholesale business that is owned by farmers.
- A patisserie with two locations that has a direct distribution wholesale candy business.
- An organic dairy farm with a processing facility, store and direct distribution wholesale business.
- A taproom and brewery that sells direct to consumers on-line and through distributors.
What This Report Offers
This Vertically Integrated Local Brand Business Model Optimization Report details what it really takes to successfully launch and finance a profitable local vertically integrated food or beverage business.
In the case of a vertically integrated local food business model, there are multiple lines of business within one business entity, which creates opportunities for synergy and leverage when executed consistently. All dimensions of the business are covered, including business strategy, brand platform, wholesale product lines of business, retail/restaurant lines of business, operations and quality assurance and a realistic financial model.
This Report Helps You Answer:
- What should I focus on right now to grow my business?
- How big do I need to be to reach profitability?
- When and under what conditions can I expect to reach profitability?
- Does a retail store or a restaurant/café make the most sense as a next step?
- How do I manage the construction and/or build-out of my retail space?
- How much do I need to spend on marketing and sales?
- What do I need to do to get people to buy my products?
- How does my supply chain affect my business?
- How much money do I need to raise?
- Should I raise equity or debt, and how much of each?
How You Can Use This Report:
This report is great for consultants working with entrepreneurs (or enterprising entrepreneurs themselves) who are looking to expand their production into local markets through adding a customer facing retail store or restaurant to their wholesale production.